Wireless Wonders

No news, just comment about mobile phones and services, from a veteran practitioner...3G, GPRS, WAP, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc...

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Really Instant Wireless Messaging...

The latest edition of New Scientist has an article about recent experiments with quantum mechanics. Theory suggests that with two "entangled particles" that are physically separate (could be opposite sides of The Universe), changing the state of one causes a change of state in the other.

Clever guys in Geneva have done experiments, now verified by others, that demonstrate that the theory is correct.

Wow! That's wireless messaging!

And, it happens very fast. How fast? The "measurements" suggest 10,000 million times faster than the speed of light.

Wow! That's instant messaging!

Now, presumably if I had a few billion of these entangled particles in a "quantum computer" and I changed their state at once, then all the entangled particles on the other side of The Universe - ok, let's say other side of The Earth - change at the same time.

Does this mean that we have a bandwidth of *!&"^*? I don't even know how to write that number, but I think we're talking V.BIG! Big enough for teleportation?

Buy my book (Amazon US/UK)
Join my email list
Subscribe to my "100 Mobile Product Ideas" free e-book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home