Wireless Wonders

No news, just comment about mobile phones and services, from a veteran practitioner...3G, GPRS, WAP, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc...

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

100 Mobile Product Ideas...#15...
...Stay in touch with the kids...

Hasbro has announced ChatNow, a non-cellular mobile device aimed at kids. My kids already use the Cybiko Xtreme, which is a great device and they think of it as their "Blackberry" like Daddy's. Its user interface is worth exploring. Things designed for kids are perhaps good for adults too!

It occurs to me that if these devices used Bluetooth, or WiFi, then adults could join in the fun. A messaging client on a mobile device would allow messages to flow between the kids and the adults.

Now, some kids might not want the "intrusion" of adults on their airwaves, but I know that my kids would welcome it.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised that a company like Nokia hasn't yet launched a child's phone. Perhaps it doesn't pay to make toys and the real thing?



Join my email list
Subscribe to my "100 Mobile Product Ideas" free e-book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home