Wireless Wonders

No news, just comment about mobile phones and services, from a veteran practitioner...3G, GPRS, WAP, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Vodafone don't want my complaint via Google

My latest Blackberry bill from Vodafone was twice the usual amount. I had that sinking feeling that I would wait on a customer care line for ages, but was relieved to find an email address on the bill. Here's the automatic reply:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: customer.care@vodafone.co.uk
Technical details of permanent failure:PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 8): 550 5.7.1 Mail from 72.14.214.192 refused - see http://www.dnsbl.sorbs.net/

Well, I did go see that link and it told me that my message was coming from a mail server suspected of sending spam. Just to be sure, I did a reverse DNS on that IP address:

72.14.214.192 resolves to"hu-out-0102.google.com"
Top Level Domain: "google.com"

Does this mean that Google is being tagged as a spammer? Whatever it means, Vodafone won't accept my mail from a Gmail account. Now, who's being evil here?

Buy my book (Amazon US/UK)
Join my email list
Subscribe to my "100 Mobile Product Ideas" free e-book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home