Wireless Wonders

No news, just comment about mobile phones and services, from a veteran practitioner...3G, GPRS, WAP, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Bad menus, bad taste, bad aerials...

The drop-down box for US states annoys Seth Godin, who bemoans the persistence of bad ideas. It's persisted because everyone else does it. Well, so is mint-flavoured tooth paste and I loathe it.

Thank heavens then that in my move to use non-flouride toothpastes, I found one that's citrus flavoured. And it's for adults. I thought only kids got yummy flavoured toothpaste.

Sometimes bad ideas persist because there's no outside - no purple cow (Sethology) - to disrupt the status quo. Nokia persisted with mars-bar phones whilst the world was falling in love with clam-shells. They lost serious market share. For years, Ericsson phones had huge external antennas. Yuk! Like minty toothpaste! No, worse!

Join my email list
Subscribe to my "100 Mobile Product Ideas" free e-book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home