Wireless Wonders

No news, just comment about mobile phones and services, from a veteran practitioner...3G, GPRS, WAP, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc...

Saturday, March 04, 2006

To-do with Blackberry and Gmail (idea #78)

I have often used my Blackberry as a scratchpad for notes to myself, but I want to be able to "sync" to my desktop without actually doing a sync, as all that messy cable stuff is way too cumbersome.

I recently discovered that Gmail will handle extensions to the email address, so that I can send mails to myself with a label ("tag") already built in. For example, user+task@gmail.com will go to the address user@gmail.com. A filter can detect emails to "user+task" and add a label of "task" thereby grouping these emails into a virtual to-do list.

Buy my book (Amazon US/UK)
Join my email list
Subscribe to my "100 Mobile Product Ideas" free e-book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home