Wireless Wonders

No news, just comment about mobile phones and services, from a veteran practitioner...3G, GPRS, WAP, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc...

Friday, June 10, 2005

BIG screens - who wants them?

Mobile phones have got smaller and smaller. They fit nicely in shirt pockets, handbag sleeve pockets and so on.

For some mobile data services to work well, we need bigger screens. The common argument is that no one wants to carry around a big device. We have become spoilt with tiny clam-shell jewels in our pockets.

However, I'm not sure I agree.

The kids on my street regularly walk aroung carrying Nintendo DS and other such portable gaming machines - hardly small!! If the need and desire is there, carrying something larger than a dinky phone is not such a big deal.

Will these kids find the transition to mobile entertainment devices that problematic? I don't think so.

Also...we just need bigger shirt pockets and it's about time trousers (pants), including formal trousers, came with device-friendly pockets! Are we stuck on size here?

Buy my book (Amazon US/UK)
Join my email list
Subscribe to my "100 Mobile Product Ideas" free e-book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home